Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why didn't I think of that?

With a gentle push from my administrator, not too long ago I left the front of my classroom and began the process of turning my room from a 'teacher-centered' classroom into a 'child-centered' one. It may sound like a little thing to others, but it was a BIG thing for me! It's rejuvenated me and my classroom. Now I work hard to keep my whole-group instruction time meaningful but brief - getting the children quickly into small groups and independent work. Not only is MY teaching more effective one-on-one and in small groups, but the learning and teaching that goes on among the children in these configurations is priceless!

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see who else has made this move. I love that I can't find you in your room....you are on the floor, over someone's shoulder, or sitting and working with a group.

    ReplyDelete